Brief news of the Russian food market.
Week #28. 2019 year.
– Russian grain market: prices continue to fall amid a new harvest- As of July 18, 2019, in Russia, grain and leguminous crops were threshed from an area of 9.5 million hectares (in 2018, 8.5 million hectares), 35.2 million tons of grain were threshed (in 2018, 31.4 million tons ), with a yield of 36.9 centners per hectare (in 2018 – 37.1 centners per hectare)
– The largest state food corporation of China COFCO will create an export center for the supply of agro products from Novosibirsk to China
– The Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation expects to mitigate the conditions for the import of Russian wheat to Saudi Arabia. According to the press service of the department, this was announced during telephone conversations between the head of the Ministry of Agriculture Dmitry Patrushev and the Minister of the Environment, Water Resources and Agriculture of Saudi Arabia Abdurahman Al-Fadli.
– Domino’s Pizza Russia sales rose 30.1% in the first half of 2019
– In Russia, the demand for oysters has risen sharply.
– In the first quarter of 2019, mobile phone shops increased sales by 1.5 times, thanks to the placement of a coffee shop in their salons.
– A bill on raising the tax on palm oil to 20% has been submitted to the State Duma for consideration.
– Russia’s largest grocery chain, Magnit, has opened 20,000 food store.
– Starbucks opened hundredth coffee shop in Moscow
– The construction of four factories in the Syrna Dolina (Сheese valley) agricultural park began in the Moscow Region. Region Governor Andrei Vorobyov started the work. According to him, thanks to the project implementation, the Moscow Region can become the largest cheese producer in Russia.
– Ukraine extended the embargo on Russian goods for a year
– Agro production in Russia in the first half of 2019 amounted to 1.65 trillion rubles, which is 1.2% more than the same period last year.
– In June 2019 pork (except for boneless meat) cost an average of 271.50 rubles / kg in Russia, which is 0.8% less than in the previous month and 6.3% more than in June 2018.
– In June 2019 lamb (except for boneless meat) in Russia cost on average 420.61 rubles / kg, which is 0.6% less than a month earlier.
– In June 2019 Beef (except for boneless meat) cost on average 336.68 rub / kg in Russia – 0.1% more than in the previous month, and 4.4% more than in June 2018.
– In Russia, laying hens began to give more eggs than during Soviet times. According to the data for 2018, in agricultural organizations the average egg production of poultry was 305 pieces. This is 29% more than in 1990 (236 units).
– The amount of milk received from a cow increased: in 2018, each cow gave an average of 4,492 kg of milk, whereas in 1990 it was 2,731 kg, or 64% less.
– According to the forecasts of the Ministry of Agriculture and the Ministry of Trade, the agricultural technology market in Russia will double in five years, to 200 billion rubles.
– By July 18, the total volume of aquatic bioresources production by Russian mining companies amounted to 2.6 million tons, which is 0.2% higher than last year.
– The Russian Grain Union, which previously predicted a new record in harvest of grain in the Russian Federation this year, declined this assessment. The new forecast is 128 million tons. This was announced by the President of the Union Arkady Zlochevsky at a press conference in Moscow
– Wholesale prices for sugar in Russia updated the five-year minimum in June
Business Advisor on the Russian Food Market
Please read the same my other news:Backward