Brief news of the Russian food market.
– Today in Russia, the shortage of milk reaches more than 10 million tons, so about 30% of milk in Russian stores is of the lowest quality. Non-honest Russian manufacturers add milk to the production of milk – starch, to give the milk the necessary thickness, antibiotics – to slow down the souring of the product and vegetable fats and milk powder, to save on raw materials.
– Stocks of rice may end in Russia by August. Now the remains of rice in Russia is 30% less than last year. The rice harvest in Russia in 2018 was the worst in the last 10 years.
– The largest food retail Magnit, began to accept plastic bottles in their stores. Who gives the bottle, gets a 10% discount on products in the stores Magnit.
– The Chinese company has patented 23 trademarks in its own name, Russian factories producing condensed milk. Now Russian companies decide whether to sell their products to China or not.
– The Russian Ministry of Finance proposes to allow the sale of alcohol over the Internet since 2020. For more than 10 years, the electronic commerce of alcohol has been completely banned in Russia.
– Rospotrebnadzor supported the idea of the Russian Human Rights Council to give products with an expiring date to charity. Now, according to the law of Russia, products that have expired, it is forbidden to sell, they are destroyed.
– Luding Group of Companies, the largest alcohol trading company in Russia, has begun to develop a new chain of wine stores under the Drinx brand.
– The Federation Council of Russia plans to increase import duties on baby food from 5% to 15%. Thus, it is proposed to increase the motivation of companies to localize the production of breast milk substitutes in Russia.
– Alexey Sazanov, head of the tax and customs department at the Ministry of Finance of Russia, said that the minimum retail price for cognac could be increased by the fall of this year.
– At the end of 2018, the number of Russians who buy goods only with discounts reached 50.6%. This is the highest percentage of all time research.
– Russia has reduced imports of agro products over the past five years by 25%
– Veterinary specialists from Mongolia inspect the Russian enterprises that produce chicken. This is the first stage to the beginning of deliveries of Russian chicken meat to Mongolia.
– The Russian Ministry of Agriculture established an operational headquarters for the export of meat products to China, Japan and South Korea. Today, the volume of supplies of Russian livestock products to the Chinese market does not correspond to the potential of trade relations between the two countries. Participants in the operational headquarters confirm their readiness to significantly increase exports to China, primarily pork.
– Since the beginning of this year, from Russia, scallops and sea cucumbers have been exported to China for $ 7.5 million.
– In the Rostov Region, the first barley harvest will begin in a week.
– Iran removed claims for debris from Russian grain.
– The French company Tereos, one of the leading European producers of sugar and starch products, intends to build three grain processing plants in Russia with a capacity of 500,000 tons each.
– In the port of St. Petersburg, a consignment of 42 tons of Argentine mandarins, infested with the larvae of the Mediterranean fruit fly, was delayed.
– Due to the reduction of the alcohol market in Russia, some manufacturers are considering the possibility of increasing the production of soft drinks. For example, the Russian company Baltika, which is part of the Carlsberg Group (Denmark), launched a new drink, the non-alcoholic Barley Bros. The drink is reminiscent of natural lemonade and iced tea. The development of the new drink Barley Bros was carried out by the Danish experts of the Carlsberg research laboratory. Since the beginning of June, it has already gone on sale in large retail chains of Russia
– Over the past 10 years, the share of all foreign beer producers in Russia has decreased from 92% to 70%.
Business Solutions in the Rusian Food Industry
Please read the same my other posts:
From my book “50 first correct steps for entering the Russian food market”.Backward