Brief news of the Russian food market.
– German Metro Cash & Carry announced the opening of the first “Bean” store in Moscow without sellers. Technological point of sale in the format of “express” is located in the central office of Metro on the Leningrad highway.
– Russian manufacturers of energy drinks are planning to introduce self-restrictions on their products. Starting next year, energy drinks will be produced in cans and bottles, not more than 0.5 liters. Now the main volume for sale is 1 liter. This decision is due to the fact that in many regions of Russia, local authorities impose bans on the sale of energy drinks for children.
– Rospotrebnadzor of Russia, proposes not to destroy food suitable for eat. Now in Russia there is a law that if food has expired, it must be destroyed. It is usually burned or crushed with a press.
– One of the largest rivers of Russia, the Volga, is very threatened with desiccation, because of this, this year’s fish production will be the worst in the last 10 years. Historically, it was on the Volga that almost all Russian sturgeons were harvested.
– The second largest food chain Pyaterochka, started issuing cards for buying food in their stores on credit.
– Food chain Pyatorochka, included in the group of food stores X5 Riteil Group. This week, the Russian antimonopoly service banned them from opening a new food store in St. Petersburg, as the share of their stores in this area reached 27%. According to the anti-monopoly law of Russia, they have reached the maximum volume for the presence on the food market of St. Petersburg.
– The Ministry of Agriculture of Russia has announced the introduction of digital technologies as the main trend in the development of the agro-industrial complex in the coming years. High-tech transformation should have doubled productivity growth in agriculture by 2024.
– A leading Russian meat producer said it was ready to make up for the food supply shortage in China, created by the United States. Let me remind you that in 2018, the export of Russian food to China, for the first time in history, exceeded imports.
– The Chelyabinsk region plans to increase exports of the agro-industrial complex by 2.5 times by 2024.
– The export of lamb from Russia last year grew by 30% to 12,000 tons.
– A survey of experts from the All-Russian Public Opinion Research Center showed that 69% of Russian citizens do not trust the information on food product labels. By the way, Coca-Cola in Russia announced a pilot project on voluntary color marking of products under the Coca-Cola trademark.
– In 2018, agricultural workers had the lowest salary in Russia.
– Exports of agricultural raw materials and food from Russia in 2018 amounted to 24,884.9 million USD, which is 20.2% (4,182.4 million USD) more than in 2017. Over 5 years, compared to 2013, deliveries increased by 47.9% (by 8,058.9 million USD), for 10 years, compared to 2008 – increased by 169.0% (by 15,632.1 million) USD), for 15 years (by 2003) – increased by 7.9 times (USD 21,729.2 million).
– In Primorsky Krai, measures to control the quality of imported meat will be strengthened. Imported meat products will undergo several additional studies before they hit the store shelves.
– Morocco to become a partner country of SEAFOOD EXPO RUSSIA 2019.
– Supplies of the king crab from Russia to the United States since the beginning of 2019 have been increasing both in volume and price level.
– Syria will supply Russia with sweet cherries, which Europe has refused.
– Rospotrebnadzor posted on its official website recommendations on the choice of ice cream and urged to carefully read the composition of the product before buying. By production the following natural stabilizers and thickeners are allowed: locust bean gum (E410), guar gum (E412), xanthan gum (E415), tara gum (E417), pectin (E440), gelatin, sodium alginate (E401). These additives are allowed in ice cream – their content, as a rule, is within the limits of the allowed norm.
– Russia is ready to supply Grenada wheat in exchange for fish, spices, coffee and fruit.
– Russia intends to increase the supply of soybeans to China to 3.7 million tons in the near future. This is 4 times more than now.
– Zero duty on wheat exports from the Russian Federation will be extended immediately for two years – until July 1, 2021.
– The Nestlé Russia branch from the Samara region plans to start exporting to France.
Business Solutions in the Rusian Food Industry
Please read the same my other posts:Backward